Currently the most senior bankruptcy counsel in Worcester County with four decades years of successfully handling chapter 7 and 13 cases in individual chapter 11 cases.
- over 90% success rates with chapter 13’s whereas Massachusetts’s average is between 20% 1
- Created the WCBA Bankruptcy Section in 1990 and served as Chairman for 15+ years and presently co-chairman.
- Conducted various seminars and lectures in conjunction with the WCBA Bankruptcy Section on a monthly basis for 25 years.
- Certified in consumer bankruptcy by the American Board of Bankruptcy Certification since May 1990 and re-certified 4 times.
- As a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute(ABI) participated in numerous ABI conferences and lectured at various Massachusetts continuing legal education events MCLE events and ABI conferences.
- Lead counsel on numerous appeals in U.S. District Court, B bankruptcy A appellate P panel and 1st Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Established and managed the reaffirmation clinic for prose debtors for the past 15+ years.
- Served on bankruptcy rules committees.
- Possess significant trial experience in state superior and district courts and U.S. District Court.
1 measuring performance in chapter 13: comparisons from the executive office for the United States trustee